Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurial mindset. We value creative problem-solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
The Vulnerability Assessment & Analysis Specialist performs ongoing, comprehensive vulnerability assessments of network cybersecurity risks to enable risk management and mitigation activities. Monitors the adequacy of cybersecurity measures for information systems and reports vulnerability findings to CSSP Watch leadership. Utilizes vulnerability data sources such as network discovery, network and host vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, operational exercise data, and compliance inspection reports. Assesses asset conformity to specified security requirements. Identifies security vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Knowledge of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs), cyber threats, and vulnerability mitigation strategies.
- Conduct research and analysis to stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, provide detailed risk analysis and potential impact.
- Utilize multiple data sources to determine a vulnerability’s security impact on the enterprise.
- Analyze, assess, compile, and prioritize vulnerabilities to document and communicate mitigation recommendations.
- Communicate written and verbal information in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Understand network security architecture concepts such as topology and protocols.
- Understand what constitutes network risk, cyberattacks, and the relationship between threats and vulnerabilities.
- Analyze vulnerability scans.
- Recognize security implications of vulnerabilities and assess within the context of the risk management process.
- Utilize analysis tools, such as Verodin, Nessus, or RedSeal, to identify vulnerabilities.
- Write comprehensive risk assessments on vulnerability impacts.
- Utilize automated and manual testing methods to validate the vulnerability testing methods; discover inadequate security practices.
- Identify secondary effects of vulnerabilities and exposures, as well as the impact of the mitigations applied to them.
- Perform after-action reviews of team products to ensure completion of analysis.
- Lead and mentor team members as a technical expert.
A current Top-Secret/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Four (4) years of demonstrated experience as a VAA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. One (1) year of demonstrated experience in technical reporting. One (1) year of demonstrated experience in network and threat analysis. A technical bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of VAA experience on projects of similar scope, type, and complexity.
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Wellness Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Productivity Allowance for Equipment and Supplies
- Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.