Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurship mindset. We value creative problem solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design aod development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology . Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operation . Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plan . Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Assist with the development of system requirements functional requirements and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software , facility and personnel components
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (I.M.P)
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications , and Interface Control Documents
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirement that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous realizable and verifiable
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirement , designs, interface , test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic lnforrnation Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords cryptography, discretionary acces control, mandatory access control , hashing, key management, etc.)
- Implement comprehensive SOA solutions
- Implement operational. view, technical standards view, and system and service view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate , comprehensive, and complete
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Assess each risk to the program and detemline the probability of occunence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
- Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functjons
- Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
- Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operation & maintenance
- Support the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
- Support the development and review of Joint CapabiJjty Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilitie Description Document, IA Strategy)
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing integration, and testing of pecific components of complex hardw are/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews developing concepts of operation and interface standards developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Develop cenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system the user, and the environment that satisfies operational, support, maintenance and disposal needs
- Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system perfomance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability Survivability, Produceabili ty, etc.)
- Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams , ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
- Develop comprehensive SOA solutions
- Develop operational view , technical standards view and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Use validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
- Ensure effecti ve, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
- Serve as a member of the CCB
- Develop system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse , complexity, risk, system expansion and growth
- Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risk using earned value management (EVM) data
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Apply and enforce use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
- As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) effort, recommend a prefered solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations environmental impact, and ljfe-cycle costs
- Provide technical direction for the development engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation analysis and functional allocation conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards developing system architectures and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- lmprove standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Fully define interfaces in terms of origination, destination stimulus, and data characteristics for software· and electrical and mechanical characteristics for hardware
A current Top-Secret/SCI with FS polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Twenty (20) years' experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required . Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor' s degree.
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Telephone Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Office Allowance for Equipment and Productivity Supplies
- Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.