Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurial mindset. We value creative problem-solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
We have an immediate need for a Senior AWS Cloud Architect to assess and develop cloud-based architectures and requirements and develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. Responsibilities include: Partnering with the Chief Engineer to develop advanced, leading-edge, cloud-oriented architectures that provide new cybersecurity capabilities to a major U.S. Government customer, partnering with Agile Scrum teams in the system design and implementation of advanced, cloud-oriented cybersecurity capabilities, and interfacing directly with customers, stakeholders, and end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications.
Must be a US Citizen. Must have current Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Must have ten (10)+ years of directly relevant experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two (2) years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Desired Certifications: DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II and AWS Cloud-related certifications
Required technical skills:
- 2+ years of AWS cloud architecting experience
- AWS cloud technology knowledge and implementation experience
- Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading technical teams and projects
- Able to work effectively as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Strong working knowledge of IT products and services
- Strong working knowledge of IT Service Operations
- Innovative, technical mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze information and identify relevant facts
- Ability to shape opinions of key stakeholders and influence outcomes
- Proven track record of achieving desired results
- Strong and diverse business and technical acumen
- Experience working with senior leadership including VP and Director levels
Desired technical skills:
- Experience with Python/bash scripting
- Experience in the following AWS technologies:
- Security Hub
- Certificate Manager
- Secrets Manager
- WAF Security Groups
- Availability Zones
- Familiarity with the following technologies in a cloud environment:
- Elk Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Azure cloud technology knowledge and implementation experience
- Influential communication and ability to achieve alignment
- Experience managing many people and projects
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience
- Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems
- Experience with AWS technologies and migrations from on-prem to AWS
- Experience with agile tools including Jira and Jira Align
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Wellness Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Productivity Allowance for Equipment and Supplies
- Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.