Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurship mindset. We value creative problem solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
The Database Engineer shall be responsible for the design, implementation, configuration, sustainment, security, backup/recovery, troubleshooting, and performance of a RDBMS to ensure the availability and consistent performance of a mission database solution. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical database skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
A current Top-Secret/SCI with FS polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Ten (10) years'; experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Required technical skills include experience with:
- Experience using the Linux CLI
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Minimum 5+ years RDBMS administration experience
- Experience with the planning, data modeling and development of database tables into usable database schemas
- Experience developing complex RDBMS ad hoc queries, Triggers, and Stored Procedures for database storage and retrieval
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native RDBMS monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of RDBMS backup and restore best practices
- Knowledge of RDBMS High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) best practices
- Experience with troubleshooting and sustaining a critical production RDBMS
Desired technical skills include experience with:
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) principles, concepts, and tools such as Ansible and Salt Stack
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Git Version Control
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Telephone Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Office Allowance for Equipment and Productivity Supplies
- Amazon Prime Membership
- Quarterly Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Gift Cards and Gifts for Birthday and Work Anniversary
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
- Quarterly Employee Referral Bonuses
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.