Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurship mindset. We value creative problem solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
We have an immediate need for a DevOps Engineer to support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging for modern mission applications.
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
- Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, stag in g, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
- Set-up up new sites and applications via configuration management such as Puppet and Ansible
- Maintain / upgrade/ patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence / Jira)
- Create, Assist, and Implement design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
- Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
- Communicate effectively to help bridge stakeholder and development requirements
- Assist with support and operations where necessary
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java
- Proficient with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering methodologies.
- Proficient automating network infrastructure configuration using Software Defined Networking
- Ability to have a holistic view of service development and deployment architecture
- Understanding of SLA requirements and role of high availability architectures, performance optimization, and monitoring techniques
- Act in the capacity to support deployment and operations when necessary
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment by leveraging Configuration Management, containerization, serverless technologies, and Kubernetes.
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT, Shell) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo), and infrastructure automation (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Puppet, Chef, ansible, etc.)
- Experience working cross functionally across multiple teams
A current Top-Secret/SCI with FS polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Bachelor 's degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i. e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience (excludes education experience such as Bachelor' s or Master's degree in relevant field).
Required technical skills include experience with:
- Must be fluent with Git
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Linux environments (RHEL 617/8, RHCSNRHCE CentOS)
- Experience with Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance.
- 10+ years working in an Agile dev environment (excludes education experience such as Bachelor's or Master degree in relevant field)
- Experience integrating Jenkins/Bamboo Docker, and Kubernetes for automated deployment preferred
- Experience with caching technologies (Memcache, Active MQ, Redis, APC, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL (Clusters, Replication, and Tuning) and Elasticsearch (Kibana a plus). Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance etc.
- 10+ years of system architecture required with a demonstrated ability to read the code and understand the coding logic to assist in troubleshooting
- 10+ years' experience managing/monitoring AWS cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
- Familiarity with software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies.
- Fluent skills in object oriented programming and experience in at least one programming language such as Ruby, C, C++, GO, Python, or Java.
- Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk, and understand varied customer deployments.
- Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support staff
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Telephone Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Office Allowance for Equipment and Productivity Supplies
- Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.