Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurship mindset. We value creative problem solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
We have an immediate need for a Information Systems Security Engineer to work as member of a software team building the next generation of SIGINT mission systems.
• Responsible for ensuring that the appropriate operational security posture is obtained, monitored, and maintained for multiple mission information systems throughout their lifecycle. Must possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the intent of the DCID 6/3, NIST 800-53 and CNSS 1253 security controls required to obtain, manage, and monitor all security aspects of an information system from cradle-to-grave. Candidate is required to coordinate the day-to-day security operations of the information systems with System Administrators, System Engineers, Software Distribution, Patch Management, and Sustainment Teams. Position serves to interpret and develop security policies, provide mentorship and guidance to other security engineers, lead security meetings, gather and report program IT security metrics, and serve as the program ISSO/ISSE representative at key stakeholder meetings with customer representatives.
• Responsible for providing system vulnerability testing using COTS and GOTS based tools, and generate security finding reports. Must be able to build NIST 800-53 and CNSS 1253 security control test cases.
• Responsibilities will include; but are not limited to, reviewing, analyzing and documenting the secure implementation of logical controls, physical controls, environmental controls, personnel security, incident handling, security relevant changes, continuous monitoring activities, audit log review, analysis and reporting. Additionally, the candidate is responsible to develop SOPs and provide security training and awareness of the Information System to both privileged and non-privilege users.
A current Top-Secret/SCI with FS polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Seven (7) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security’ System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required. Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Required technical skills include experience with:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a technical role, providing technical expertise for software intensive projects and programs, of which a desired three (3) years within the Intelligence Community.
- Current in at least one of the following 8570 IAT certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP
- Serve as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development.
- Possess knowledge or experience performing day-to-day ISSE/ISSO responsibilities with knowledge and experience within the IC community managing and maintaining SSP’s within Xacta.
- Apply current computer science technologies and IA requirements to the analysis, design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer/communication systems and networks to maintain an acceptable system security posture throughout the lifecycle of multiple national level mission systems.
- Coordinate and work with various system stakeholders to determine the applicable security/IA requirements based on the intent of the NIST 800-53, CNSS 1253 and DCID
- Proven ability to manage and maintain System Security Plans (SSPs) from inception through decommissioning following the NSA Risk Management Framework process within Xacta for national level mission systems.
Desired technical skills include experience with:
- Coordinate with program management and other stakeholders to track and maintain risks associated with multiple mission Information Systems to ensure compliance with all IA requirements and national level directives.
- Knowledge in Multi-level Security/Cross Domain systems and operations with special requirements such as Program Protection, Anti-Tamper, Red/Black Separation and OPSEC are assets.
- Experience in the management and maintenance of systems required to satisfy the Certification and Accreditation requirements under the NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, DCID 6/3, and the CNSS 1253 is highly desired.
- Experience with analysis, disposition, and evaluation of both hardware and software in support of Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense, in addition to Federal Sector Government Agencies.
- Experience with any of the following COTS security tools: Nessus, Nmap, AppScanner, ACAS Security Center
- Experience with Linux and Networking
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Telephone Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Office Allowance for Equipment and Productivity Supplies
- Amazon Prime Membership
- Quarterly Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Gift Cards and Gifts for Birthday and Work Anniversary
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
- Quarterly Employee Referral Bonuses
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.