Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurship mindset. We value creative problem solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
We have an immediate need for a Data Scientist.
You will be part of a talented agile team, developing next-generation tradecraft to meet the mission's most pressing cybersecurity needs. Responsibilities include collaborating with mission stakeholders and other technical team members, developing and documenting analytical tradecraft, recommending technical implementation paths for identified tradecraft, recommending visualization techniques for complex result sets, and prototyping and analysis-of-alternatives (AoA) to aide technical leaders in their decision making.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs)
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable
- Develop feature vectors for input into machine learning algorithms
- Identify the most appropriate algorithm for a given dataset and tune input and model parameters
- Evaluate and validate the performance of analytics using standard techniques and metrics (e.g. cross validation, ROC curves, confusion matrices)
- Oversee the development of individual analytic efforts and guide team in analytic development process
- Partner with software engineers and cloud developers to develop production analytics
- Develop and train machine learning systems based on statistical analysis of data characteristics to support mission automation
- Lead a team of data scientists in the development of multiple analytic efforts
- Work with customers and SMEs to define analytic requirements and guide the team in formulating analytics that meet requirements
- Guide the transition of prototyped analytics to production system
- Understand emerging machine learning and pattern recognition algorithms and guide a team of data scientists in integrating state-of-the-art algorithms into solutions
- Delegate analysis responsibilities to one or more team members and monitor performance
A current Top-Secret/SCI with FS polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering or computer science). Ten years of experience analyzing datasets and developing analytics, and ten years of experience programming with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB.
- An additional two years of experience in software development, cloud development, analyzing datasets, or developing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics can be substituted for a Master's degree.
- A PhD from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for four years of experience.
Required experience includes:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with analysts to decompose workflows and identify solutions for both automation and higher-order processing.
- Experience with a programming language conducive to data analysis. Python is a good example.
- Experience executing service calls to retrieve data from corporate repositories.
Desired experience includes:
- Working knowledge of corporate repositories containing cyber-observables of interest.
- Working knowledge of open-source data sets containing cyber-observables of interest.
- Experience visualizing large, complex data sets.
- Strong communications skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development and working within Agile teams.
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Telephone Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Office Allowance for Equipment and Productivity Supplies
- Amazon Prime Membership
- Quarterly Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Gift Cards and Gifts for Birthday and Work Anniversary
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
- Quarterly Employee Referral Bonuses
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.