Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurial mindset. We value creative problem-solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
The Cyber Defense Analyst uses information collected from a variety of sources to monitor network activity and analyze it for evidence of anomalous behavior. Identifies, triages, and reports events that occur in order to protect data, information systems, and infrastructure. Finds trends, patterns, or anomaly correlations utilizing security-relevant data. Recommends proactive security measures. Conducts analysis to isolate indicators of compromise. Notify designated managers, cyber incident responders, and cybersecurity service provider team member of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action in accordance with the organization’s cyber incident response plan.
- Use cyber defense tools to monitor, detect, analyze, categorize, and perform initial triage of anomalous activity.
- Generate cybersecurity cases (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) and route as appropriate.
- Leverage knowledge of commonly used network protocols and detection methods to defend against related abuses.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Perform advanced manual analysis to hunt previously unidentified threats.
- Conduct PCAP analysis.
- Identify cyber-attack phases based on knowledge of common attack vectors and network layers, models and protocols.
- Apply techniques for detecting host- and network-based intrusions.
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level network intrusion detection/prevention systems and firewall capabilities.
- Understand the foundations of a hardened windows network and what native services and protocols are subject to abuse (such as RDP, Kerberos, NTLM, WMI, and SMB).
- Familiarity with fragmentation of network traffic and how to detect and evaluate fragmentation related attacks in raw packet captures.
- Conduct network – traffic, protocol and packet-level – and netflow analysis for anomalous values that may be security-relevant using appropriate tools (such as Wireshark, tshark, tcpdump).
- Understand snort filters and how they are crafted and tuned to feed IDS alerting.
- Understand system and application security threats and vulnerabilities to include buffer overflow, SQL injection, race conditions, covert channel, replay and return-oriented attacks, malicious code and malicious scripting.
- Analyze malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Familiar with indications of Command and Control (C2) channels and what strategies attackers use to bypass enterprise defenses from a compromised host.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of how adversaries penetrate networks and how those attacks map to detectable events across the ATTACK framework.
- Understand how VBS, Jscript, and Powershell can be maliciously used within a network and what level of monitoring and auditing is required to detect.
- Possess deep knowledge of active directory abuse used by attackers for lateral movement and persistence.
- Provide expertise in the identification of adversarial Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) and in the development and deployment of signatures.
- Perform after-action reviews of team products to ensure completion of analysis.
- Lead and mentor team members as a technical expert.
A current Top-Secret/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
- Four (4) years of demonstrated experience as a CDA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. A technical bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of CDA experience on projects of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- One (1) year of demonstrated and practical experience in TCP/IP fundamentals.
- One (1) years of demonstrated experience with tcpdump or Wireshark.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience using security information and event management suites (such as Splunk, ArcSight, Kibana, LogRhythm).
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in network analysis and threat analysis software utilization.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Analyst baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification.
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Wellness Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Productivity Allowance for Equipment and Supplies
- Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.