Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurship mindset. We value creative problem solving
, open communication
, and empowering our employees
to make decisions and put forth new ideas.
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
The Database Administrator shall provide database administration for development and production environments, provide database application support to development teams, consult with software development teams on database schema design optimization, and engage in ongoing database performance tuning efforts to assure optimal performance for database applications. The Database Administrator shall create and maintain performance benchmarks and metrics, make recommendations on hardware and software specifications for optimal database performance, administer Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL database servers, support certification and accreditation activities, and perform all duties related to on-going operation of the database infrastructure. Tasks shall include, but not be limited to, database and application troubleshooting, installation, backups, configuration and performance tuning, development support, scripting, and producing documentation. Assist with all duties related to on-going operation of the database infrastructure
This position is open to partial remote delivery from the Baltimore/Washington DC/Central Maryland region at 50%. Approximately 50% in person delivery from the Laurel, MD location is required.
A current Top-Secret/SCI with CI polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Eight (8) years demonstrated experience designing, developing and/or maintaining databases, data warehouses or multidimensional databases. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience.
This position requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level II.
Required technical skills:
- Four (4) years demonstrated direct experience administering database servers (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL). Experience shall include database installation, configuration, performance tuning and backups.
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience administering database servers and/or cloud based systems. Particular type of database server will be dependent on the position being filled. Experience shall include database installation, configuration, performance tuning and backups.
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience administering database security configurations (e.g., Oracle Label Security).
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience with scripting languages.
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off, Birthday Off, Flexible Work Schedules
- 11% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Telephone Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Office Allowance for Equipment and Productivity Supplies
- Amazon Prime Membership
- Quarterly Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Gift Cards and Gifts for Birthday and Work Anniversary
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
- Quarterly Employee Referral Bonuses
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.