Erias Ventures was founded to serve its customers with an entrepreneurship mindset. We value open communication
, taking action
, being committed
, persevering through challenges and failures
, and sharing innovative ideas
We are seeking engineers who wish to grow their careers and want to become part of a strong, entrepreneurial-minded, and technical company focused on bringing innovative solutions to the difficult mission problems facing our customers.
As a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team, this position is responsible for the sustainment to include the identification and fixing of problems within existing systems, with the primary focus on NetApp and NetBackup support. The engineer will have a good background in the areas of backup/recovery, archival systems, disk arrays, virtual storage devices, and storage resource management software.
- Setup, installation, backups, and support for PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, and MySQL database management system
- Provide monitoring, performance, and tuning of the four database management systems.
- Experience with the Linux and Windows operating systems is required to create database server installation scripts
- BASH and PowerShell scripting
- Performance tuning on backup/recovery issues and archive systems management software.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- Must be available for on-call support
A current Top-Secret/SCI with FS polygraph security clearance is required. Candidates cannot be sponsored or nominated for a government security clearance under this position.
Either a Doctorate plus 8 years ,OR Master’s plus 10 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 12 years, OR Associate’s plus 15 years, OR H.S./GED plus 20 years is required
One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, or GICSP
- Strong experience managing large scale databases
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL
- Oracle: Database Management, primarily Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c. This includes troubleshooting, performance tuning, and familiarity with Oracle networking; along with Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Understanding of Oracle installation and patching processes, along with service request handling and understanding of Oracle OEM, Grid Control, DbConsole, and 12C Cloud Control; and Oracle backup and recovery features, especially RMAN (Recovery Manager) for backups
Erias Ventures provides employees with a complete benefits package that includes:
- Above Market Hourly Pay that includes Paid Time Off and Flexible Work Schedules
- 10% Roth or Traditional 401k with Immediate Vesting and Deposit
- Company subsidized Medical Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Vision and Dental Coverage
- 100% Company Paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance
- Monthly Internet and Telephone Reimbursement
- Company Paid Professional Development and Training
- Technology and Office Allowance for Equipment and Productivity Supplies
- Bonuses for Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- Morale Building and Company Events to Celebrate our Successes and Build our Community
At Erias Ventures, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Know a cleared professional looking for more in their career? Want some extra money for the Summer? If so, drop us a line with their name and contact information and you could be eligible for a referral bonus up to $10,000
for each successful hire.
Not seeing the right position? Drop us a line to be notified as we add new contracts and opportunities!
Please send referrals and inquiries to:
To learn more about our company visit our webpage or LinkedIn.